Monday, September 22, 2014

9/22/2014 - dad email

Hi Dad,

Sounds like you guys are really partying it up with out me (hahaha). I have decided to start sending you fun facts and English/welsh/Scottish words just for fun. So today my fun fact for you is that Monmouth, the town where I live, is the ancestral home of the Rolls family who are the Co-founders of Rolls Royce. Your English words for the day are Faggot and Fritter.

As a bit of news Scotland decided not to become an independent nation in case you have not heard. today we got to enjoy the adventure of defrosting our Freezer which was quite interesting because the Elders living here before me have been putting it of for months so it was completely full of Ice.

Last week Elder Orr informed me that he was going to go vegetarian this week and I informed him that we would be buying our groceries separately this week. We are going to go shopping right after this so we will see if he goes through with it.


Well I need to go have lunch and go buy groceries so I will talk to you next week (well not actually talk I mean that I will hear from you and then you will hear from me and it will be kind of like talking but not really but you know what I mean) I will attempt to send some more pictures but we will see how that goes.

Bye bye boys! Have fun stormin' the castle! Do ya think it'll work?  It would take a miracle.  Good bye!!!

Elder Purser

P.S. I still want to hear your interpretation of the English words and phrases I send home

No comments:

Post a Comment