Monday, December 15, 2014

Emails 10/13/2014 (Thanks Mom)

Hello Mom, It is good to hear that things are going well back home. The winter rain storms have finally hit with a vengeance. Last Saturday it rained like I have never seen it rain before, thousands of gallons of water hitting the earth every second. All the roads and foot paths became rivers that we were wading through, it was crazy. Then Sunday it was incredibly foggy and today it is raining really hard again. The locals say that during the winter time it just rains and rains and rains all day long for five or six months. Up until now we have been having lovely sunny weather but that all came to an end last week. By the way, the zone leaders finally went to the mission home last week and picked up the mail so I finally got the package the primary sent. Tell them I said thank you. I forgot to mention in my last letter home that I happened to bump into a friend of Sleight's (Landon's Cousin) from high school his name is Elder Samuel Shumway and he said to tell Seight hi for him. And mom, I would just like to say thank you. Thank you for all those meals you cooked for me over the last 18 years. Thank you for all the loads of laundry you did and all the times you dragged me out of bed to go to school and seminary. Thank you for encouraging me to go on a mission and take part in other activities back in school. Thank you for all the diaper changes and all the times you didn't yell at me growing up. Thank you for being a good example and always trying to do the right thing. Thank you for being my mom! I love you very much Elder Purser ------------------------- Hi Dad, Last week was pretty crazy, we had interviews with the president on Tuesday and we had district meeting in Cheltenham for a change. We did not have very many appointments this week, so we did a lot of finding in the rain. I am very excited for next week because we are going to have our first baptism!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately it will be after Monday so you will have to wait another two P days to hear about it. Congratulations on knowing what a WC is (Water Closet = Bathroom) and for your information Vauxhall is the car company that all of our mission cars come from, in america they are known as "Chevrolet" or "Chevy". Your words for today, should you choose to accept them, are "Lorry" and "trouble and strife" as a hint about the second one remember the cockney word substitution I showed you in one of my first emails to you. Now your fun fact for today is that there are more sheep in Wales than there are people, and I can testify of the truth of this because every time we drive through the forest, we see thousands of them. And because there is no law that says they have to be fenced in, their owners just let them roam free. We encounter them all the time as they are crossing the road or are just laying in the middle of the road, and we have to drive around them. Which is really annoying! I have been tempted so many times to tell elder Orr just to run them over, so we can clear the roads and have mutton for dinner! To answer your question yes I am wearing my night guard, and you totally miss quoted Shakespeare its "gather your courage and upon this charge cry God for Harry, England, and St. George!!!" By the way did Southern Virginia University ever say if I got in? I was just thinking about that today and I thought I would ask. Any way I hope things are still going good, and hopefully you got the second report for how the book is doing. Please let me know if you got it. Do not say how much it is, because that would distract me but tell me if it is more than last time. Love you Elder Purser

No comments:

Post a Comment