Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hand written letter dated 8/11/2014

(these end up being out of order because email gets ahead of the regular mail)


Dear Mom and Dad

Today is our last Sunday before we enter the (mission) field.  Only 2 more days until we leave the MTC.  I am very excited to get out there.  I've started to get a little restless after being stuck in this building day and night for two weeks.  I know the others feel the same way.

It has rained almost everyday since I have been here, which explains why everything is so green here.  It has made all of us a little worried since we will soon have to go out in that every day and try to find someone to teach.

I have made a lot of new friends here, particularly my companion.  Sadly they are all going to the Scotland/Ireland mission, so I will soon have to say good bye to them.

I will also miss the temple.  We get to go one last time on Tuesday night as the last thing on our schedule before we leave Wednesday morning.  I remember last night, we were talking about how fast the last 2 weeks have gone by.  Then Elder Severe reminded us that we have 719 days left until our missions are over, which made everybody a little depressed.

I really hope Elder Severe and I are never companions because he is really annoying, but I have a feeling we will be companions at some point, just because that is exactly the kind of thing the Lord would do to try and make me more patient.

We just had the music activity.  We sang "I Am a Child of God" in the languages that are spoken by the missionaries in our group.

We had a funny thing happen at lunch today.  As usual all the elders told the sisters to go first, but I guess the sisters have started feeling guilty about cutting the lunch line everyday, because today they didn't want to.

So I said, "Sisters, for the next 2 years, we cannot date, touch or flirt with any girl.  All that we have left to us is chivalry, so please do not take that away from us.  Just say 'Thank you,' and go to the front."  And finally they did.

Anyway, I am having a great time out here, hope everything is good back in Idaho.

Sincerely,

Elder Purser

P.S.  Even though these letters are addressed to "Mom and Dad," I don't mind if you share them with the rest of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment