Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2 emails dated 9/1/2014

Hi Dad,

To answer your question: Elder Orr is from Alberta Canada and he has about nine months left. He is also the district leader. Being the district leader's junior companion is quite interesting, because you are the only person besides the district leader who gets to go on exchanges with every missionary in the district. Because the other areas are so far away and we have a limited number of miles each month, this week we are going to do "back to back" exchanges to save miles. Which means that I will spend most of this week away from the Forest of Dean because Elder Orr has to stay in the forest with the car.  It also means that I get to tag along for all the baptismal interviews and zone leadership meetings which are this week.  I don't get to go in of course but I will be in the same building.

By the way If you have received any money from the book (I have no idea if you have yet because the mission has completely blown all the details about that out of my mind).  I would remind you of the instructions that I gave you before I left. That you please do not leave the money in my bank account, but put it to good use after the manner that we previously discussed 

thank you so much

Elder Purser
 
 
--------------------
 
Re: Good Sabbath
 
Hi everyone!

It is good to sit down and read about all the great things going on back home.  I am excited to hear about Tana's baptism on Saturday.  You will have to send me some pictures. You will have to let me know when Beth leaves and who else is going on missions.  I am really excited about all the great things happening in the work. 
 
You know, people have been really unfair to the missions here in England and Europe.  There is plenty for us to do here. We have two investigators on baptismal dates and we had nine lessons this week And we would have had more, except we had to cancel several appointments because they were with investigators who were single mom's or teenage girls, and we cannot teach them unless another responsible man is present.  And no one in the branch would go with us.  
 
While I am on the subject, I would like to plead with any one who reads this Email to please volunteer to go with the missionaries! There is nothing more depressing for a missionary than to have people who want to be taught, but you can't teach them because with out the help of the members, it would be against the mission rules. 
 
On a happier note I got my first Welsh library card, which means I can now use the local computer lab with out paying for it, and because its the beginning of the month we can go pick up our monthly allotments so I can once again have more than ten pounds to my name (not counting my one hundred pound emergency fund that we are not supposed to use). 
 
Last week was quite interesting, because we got to go house hunting to check out all the possible flats that Elder Day at the mission office found for us. We visited five flats and all of them were a significant improvement to the flat we are currently in. We sent in our report on each of them and we are waiting for the president to decide which one will be our new home. 
 
Elder Orr and I are hoping they put us in the third one we saw, because it had a much nicer bathroom than our current flat and a fully furnished kitchen with a real dishwasher included. If they put us in that one, we would probably be one of the only missionary flats in the mission to have a working automatic dishwasher which would be awesome!!!!!!!!! Forgive my excitement, but lets face it, washing dishes by hand gets old after the first twelve times.

Since writing the above, we just got a voice message from Elder Day they have decided which flat we are moving in to.  Unfortunately he did not say on the message so we will have to call him when we finish Emailing. Anyway, I need to wrap this up, so that we can go back to the flat. 
 
Flat inspection is on Friday and we have to give the flat a deep cleaning today. Elder Orr says that Elder and Sister Durraq, the senior couple in charge of inspecting flats in our zone, are the toughest flat inspectors in the mission and Elder Orr and I have a goal to to get a perfect rating.
 
Good bye, good luck, cheers.

Elder Purser

 

No comments:

Post a Comment