Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Leaving the MTC

Hey Everyone
 
I am about to leave the MTC in an hour and a half to go to Birmingham. I just wanted to make sure I Emailed before I left, because they said we would not have another opportunity until we were about a week into our first area because P day in the missions was yesterday. 
 
Everything has gone great here. I am really going to miss my companion Elder Novotny, he is going to Scotland today. 
 
I know you must have a lot of questions about what it is like here. Hopefully you got the Email I sent a week ago and I also wrote you three letters with more particular details about what is going on here from day to day. Hopefully those will get to you in a day or two. Right know I have about five minutes so I will try and answer some of the questions you have Emailed me.
 
Firstly the food has been good. Most of the Americans do not like the food here but I like it!  We eat a lot of classic English dishes like fish and chips or cottage pie and stuff like that, to prepare us for what the food will be like in the mission. They also serve a lot of Indian food because that is really popular over here. 
 
The classes have been really good. I was surprised that they did not have the manners for missionaries class or any of the other classes that people told me were in the MTC. Instead we just dove straight into the doctrine. 
 
The flight over was fine we took off on time and landed early. It only took us 7 hours and 40 minutes instead of 8 hours, but then we had to sit in the plane for 40 minutes waiting for the plane that was 20 minutes late to move away from our gate, and then we had to wait in line at immigration for a half an hour before they would let us into the country. 
 
We have quite a group here in the MTC.  Most of us are American or English  but we also have missionaries from Denmark, Norway, Italy, Tonga, and of course my companion is from the Czech Republic. These are just the places that I can think of off the top of  my head.  
 
Our district is very interesting because all the elders except my companion come from places where everyone speaks English, but all of the sisters, except for Sister martin from Georgia, are all from places where people primarily speak other languages.  Like Sister Chen from Taiwan, and Sister Monroy from Guatemala.  And of course Sister Sawyer is from Wales, who speaks fluent Welsh, because she went to a Welsh school, where you have to do all your work in Welsh.  She has taught me quite a bit of Welsh. 
 
Anyway, I have to go to Birmingham in an hour.  So I have to go get breakfast before I leave and say good bye to all my friends, who are leaving in half an hour for Scotland. 
 
I love you and I hope things are going well back in Idaho.
 
Elder Purser

No comments:

Post a Comment